My research is in the field of Human Computer Interactions (HCI) and Personal Health Informatics (PHI). I am currently working with Dr. Andrea Parker of the Wellness Technology Lab, Northeastern University. I’m a Fulbright alumni for my Master’s program in 2012-2014.
I aim to understand how technology design can affect human behavior in the context of health promotion and community empowerment. I am exploring how gamification, storytelling, and technology-mediated reflections can support individuals to transform their health attitudes and behavior. My CV is here.
- Reflective Informatics Through Family Storytelling: Self-discovering Physical Activity Predictors
Herman Saksono, Andrea G. Parker. 2017. Reflective Informatics Through Family Storytelling: Self-discovering Physical Activity Predictors. To appear in Proceedings of the 35th Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM.
- Youth Advocacy in SNAs: Challenges for Addressing Health Disparities
Farnaz Irannejad Bisafar, Herman Saksono, Priscilla Andrea Baquerizo, Dana Elaine Moore, & Andrea Parker. 2016. Youth Advocacy in SNAs: Challenges for Addressing Health Disparities. In Proceedings of the 34th Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM.
- Spaceship Launch: Designing a Collaborative Exergame for Families
Herman Saksono, Ashwini Ranade, Geeta Kamarthi, Carmen Castaneda-Sceppa, Jessica Hoffman, Cathy Wirth, & Andrea G. Parker. 2015. Spaceship Launch: Designing a Collaborative Exergame for Families. In Proceedings of the 18th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work & Social Computing (pp. 1776-1787). ACM (2015).
- Designing e-learning environment to encourage student centred learning
Arkhadi Pustaka, Herman Saksono. 2012. Designing e-learning environment to encourage student centred learning. In International Conference on Innovation, Practice and Research in Engineering Education. The Centre for Engineering and Design Education (2012).
Abstracts presented as posters
- Herman Saksono, Andrea G. Parker. 2016. Storytelling as a Platform for Health Sensor Data Reflection & Physical Activity Promotion in a Family Setting. Forum on Population Health Equity. Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (2016).
- Elizabeth Stowell, Mercedes Lyson, Reneé Wurth, Herman Saksono, Holly Jimison, Misha Pavel, Andrea G. Parker. 2016. mHealth Research in Vulnerable Populations: A Systematic Review. Forum on Population Health Equity. Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
- Ashwini Ranade, Herman Saksono, Geeta Kamarthi, et al. 2014. Spaceship Launch: A community-driven technology intervention promoting physical activity in a low-income neighborhood. 142nd APHA Annual Meeting and Exposition.
Works that are not related to research can be found here.